CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"d0nt judge my brother because...


......he is not a book!"



hmmm..looking back, ito ung linyang binitawan ni Melanie Marquez to defend her brother from the controversies he had with Kris Aquino. Just one of her most famous lines. Marami ang nagsasabi na kung meron mang ma-a-award-an sa pagiging pinakamahusay mag-ingles, wala ng tatalo kay Melanie Marquez (sabay banat, "jowk lang" or "if you know what I mean").

Pero, teka. Miski cia ay nagreact. Mejo nainis dahil inihambing cia sa pinaka-kontrobersyal na si Bb. Pilipinas World '08, Janina San Miguel. During the recent Binibining Pilipinas Pageant, she was picked to be part of the "tuff" ten, sorry, I mean, top ten among the lovely candidates and was part of the Q&A portion. I was totally surprised to have seen it (although it was just via youtube, not from a live/delayed telecast).

She is amazingly beautiful (infact, she bagged Best in Long Gown and Best in Swimsuit awards) and as a viewer, I honestly expected a simple yet brilliant answer.


*****

"my pamily's role por me is so imfortant, because there is..
they was
the one whose beri.. hahah..ooh i'm so sorry...

my pamily, my family huh...oh my God, i'm... ok... i'm so sorry...
i told you that i'm so confident, eto, ahhm... wait... ahahahaha..
ahmmm,
sorry guys... because...ahhmm..this was really my perst
pajent eber..because i'm only 17 yrs old and ah...ahuh..
i, i didn't not expect that i came prom...

i came prom one op da tuff 10 hmmm so..
but i said dat
my family is the most imfortant persons in my life.
teynk you."

(Janina San Miguel, Bb.Pilipinas World '08)


To think that it was a simple question, she could have answered nice and sweet.
Understandable, she could be very nervous at that time and maybe mumbled with words and thoughts. Like anybody else, nagkakamali din tayong lahat kaya wag natin ciang i-judge.

I just wonder, do you think
it'll be easier to understand the way she handled it if she could have been from another country? let's say, China..umm..Japan? or from Spain or Turkey? Maybe YES.

What makes it hard for us Filipinos to ignore it is the fact that we are expected to speak English well as English is considered to be our second favored language. I just hope she could work on this (with the nation's support ofcourse) and represent the country with pride.

Judges do have their reasons of giving the crown to this beautiful gal and we must admit, we all commit mistakes, and we can just charge it to experience. Let's all give her a chance.



No comments: